Friday, May 9, 2008

Where am I headed?

Today is May 9, 2008

This is the first day of this blog record .
Since April 22, 2008 I have been on a liquid diet in preparation for Gastric Sleeve surgery. As of this morning I have lost about 29 lbs (scales are not accurate for extremely heavy people) I started at 404lbs and today I weighed 374.4lbs.
I have MS, Diabetes, Fibromalgia, Psorasis, and Arthritis as well as High Blood Pressure. My weight has been a life long issue. I remember being called names as far back as kindergarten. I have tried every diet out there but none of them were sustainable. I have never believed I could lose my weight.....Until Now

I have the support of my fantastic husband and family. They are all doing everything to insure my success. They are my Cheer squad and I love and appreciate them all. I has taken me about 5 years to convince them that I could handle bariatric surgery.

On monday May 12, 2008 I will have a Gastric Sleeve surgery preformed by Dr. David Kim. Dr. Kim is a highly regarded Vascular and Bariatric Surgeon. Surgery will take place at North Hills Hospital in Richland Hills, Texas.

This is just the beginning but my family and I have already planned a year anniversary vacation for May 13, 2009..

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! I can think of no better way to celebrate than ride a Disney Theme ride.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peggy
You are so brave. You are doing awesome. You have come so far I am very proud of you.

You listened to all the Doctors and nurse, did exactly what they said, even when others tried to convince you of alternatives. You weren't going to short circuit this by taking a shortcut.