Saturday, June 28, 2008

My first goal is met

Today was a beautiful day. To start out I met my weight loss goal against all odds. My weight this morning was 347.2lbs. Oh, I know I have a long way to go, but baby steps and abundant joy in small accomplishments. I still feel each breath I take is a gift from GOD.

Dave and I went to Possum Kingdom Lake to check on some property we have there. You could not have asked for better weather. The wild flowers are in full bloom and the air although hot was very clear. The views were breathtaking, the colors vivid and the wildlife abundant.

We went to our favorite restaurant, The Harbor Grill, for lunch. Going out to eat is completely different once you have gastric sleeve surgery. Finding something small to eat is almost impossible. The waitperson was completely befuddled when I said no drink. She insisted she bring water so it would not look weird. Funny how people react to you if you change their norms.

Today I had a great day!

No comments: