Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Remodeling

Everyday I am amazed by the little changes my body is going through. I am starting to feel some pain from my co-morbidities. The heat is stealing my strength due to my MS. Please notice I call MS mine, I own it it will never own me. I intend to control all of my enviroments and keep exercising which all doctors agree is critical.
Days like today I pray a certain little pray that helps to keep me focused on positive.

Lord you are the potter and I am the clay
Please don't squeeze too hard today
My body is tired and these challenges aren't fun
But with your help Lord we'll get it done.


Prayer and Humor have been vital to my survival. At times when I have messed up and drank too close to a meal (30 minutes before or after) I could beat myself up for the pain I caused my stomach but why? Nothing in the past will be corrected by regrets or recriminations. I rely on God to keep my mind moving in the right direction. What I will do in the future to be successful and what I learned from the experience. Please don't think I'm saying I don't get crabby or out of sorts about stuff, I am normal.

Sleeve surgery is not a cure all. I may always struggle with some of the ailments I had prior to surgery. The surgery was just a TOOL to achieve better health and weight control. I am in charge...the puck stops here...I am to manage my health with the help of my medical team.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice progress! Hang in there!!!

Unknown said...

Im ready for an update!!