Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines

Tonight we took our kids to dinner to celebrate Valentines. We chose Olive Garden to serve all our tastes. Going out to eat is a little harder with reduction surgery of any kind. I have learned a couple of survival skills that should save someone a belly ache. Number 1) Most restaurants will allow you to order off the kids menu if you tell them you had a stomach reduction. 2) Don't order a drink and don't let them force you to have water...if you forget and drink it is very uncomfortable...I MEAN VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. 3) If you order off the regular menu have them give a togo box with the meal delivery. Practice the serving size before you get into the situation because it's easy to over eat in the social environment.We get talking and don't look down often enough...just easier to put any extra's(more than 4-5oz.) in the togo box and get it out of the way. 4)Take your time don't eat fast, you'll digest better.

I am not allowed raw veggies because of other health issues, salad doesn't have enough of a benefit (no protein)to waste the stomach space and soup fills me up too quickly. Dave sees this as a bonus for him...he gets soup and salad, so we both benefit. I'm sure I'll continue learn new stuff and I'll try to share as I go along.

It was funny at the end of meal tonight the waiter brought the check and about 10 chocolate mints. No wanted any and we all kind of push them at each other until we finally left, the pile of candy in the middle of the table. Thank you God for the strength and wisdom to walk away.

No comments: