Yesterday our country celebrated it's independence from the motherland, England. We spent a quiet day at home. We had a bbq. Why is every holiday celebrated with food. It appears Americans live to eat not eat to live. I must admit I felt a little cheated when I could only eat 3 ozs. of food. That equated to 2 tbls of pasta salad and 2oz of steak. Oh it tasted good and I did get full but I felt cheated. I would have liked to have some other sides and a nice glass of soda.
The toughest part of this process is getting your brain to accept eating only to live. Food can no longer be the center of celebration or I would live in a state of disappointment. No one is keeping me from eating anything I desire, but my stomach is in control at this point. The consequences are swift and effective as behavioral modification techniques. Eat too much and feel my own self induced pain. No food could taste good enough to endure that pain a second time. Yes, the sleeve surgery is just one tool to assist in weight loss and control, while the self inflicted pain will nail you but good and brand a life lesson in your memory. Over eat and you WILL be SORRY!
Next year I suspect I will be much more comfortable in my own body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment