I do not blindly follow instructions. I am not a cook who uses cookbooks or even consults them except to look at the pictures, good or bad I do it my way. I would say this has been true of much of my life.
This method has failed me in my weight loss struggle. My weight was my area of expertise or NOT. Even since the sleeve surgery I have not totally surrendered to my doctors or my smart husband. They, in my mind, were never fat like me. I knew when I needed more protein. I knew when I was able to get on the treadmill or not. I actually thought I was the only ONE who knew me and my problem. I was sadly mistaken. Let me say that again.I WAS SADLY MISTAKEN!!!!!!!!!
Mistaken because I am not different than the others who walked before me. Yes I do have my own medical issues but my fat is the same ugly stuff that anyone who is over weight deals with. My doctor has treated thousands of me, his experience is far more weighty than mine. My husband is a Six Sigma Black Belt, a trained problem/solution professional. He can take data and facts on a subject and analyze it toward a solution for success.
Both my husband and doctor told me I needed more protein than I would be able to get in my food. At first I was following everything I was told to do, I ate only what I was told was ok. Eventually I got to feeling strong and full of myself again. At this point I stopped using my protein bullets and tried to get the protein from my food. Easier said than done and I found out the hard way. My weight loss has slowed, I didn't have the energy my brain needed to think clearly. I began getting caught up in the food game again. You know the game...I lost a pound so I can have a little treat...very bad idea. The problem with this game is that it isn't played in four quarters, nine innings or even eighteen holes. Once you start it is winning and you aren't losing the weight. Thank God for my husband's analytical nature, he saw where I was headed and insisted I get back to my daily bullets.
I am back to bullets daily and feeling like a player again. Bullets do have calories(176) which frightened me and led to my reluctance of their use, but those calories are pure good. Calories are not the same any more, I will not fear them. The calories you put in should be for benefit of your body.
Long story short...I'm back on the bullets and trying my best to stay on target.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment