Because of my weight issues I never really fit in any specific group. I always felt like the square peg in the round hole. That is probably where my aversion to shopping came from. The clothing designers always seemed out to destroy my self-confidence, as if I had any left after the school teasing torture. Yeah I tried to never let it show but the chip on my shoulder was neon bright. I don't want to seem like I'm looking for a pity party,I'm just stating my reality.
Now I am facing another harsh reality...my tops are so big that the neck lines look more like off the shoulder styles rather than the crew necks they are. My pants are looking big too but not as bad. The extra butt in the front, which some people call "An Apron" is shrinking at a slower rate. I'm told it will probably require surgery to remove it when I am closer to my goal weight. What ever it takes I will celebrate it's departure when the time comes.
THE time has come that I can no longer avoid the hell I call shopping. Last night we made a date of it, Dave and I went to Catherines. The sales women was really helpful. I explained that I had lost 130plus pounds and needed help finding the right size clothing and undergarments. As for clothing I went from 4x all around to 2x tops and 3x bottoms. Sizing on the bra's was a eyeopening experience. You see I am now an "A" cup. This reality brought the old joke about being the mailman' kid. The women in my family are not flat chested. I am still shaking my head and laughing out loud today.
It is blessing in my mind.
I am aware lots more changes are in my future and I will deal with all of them,as I have in the past, with faith and humor. God is good and it's easier to laugh complain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment