Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprise Surprise

On your journey, when you least expect it, you can be shocked by the results you see and hear. No I'm not talking about the deflated balloon effect I am experiencing in my arms and stomach. My body landscape is changing and it's not all good. Enough said about that subject. The most recent surprise I have encountered were results from my yearly physical tests.

I never thought I would see the words NORMAL, GOOD or EXCELLENT in relationship to my test of any kind. If I can get these so can anyone else who follows the plans set for you by your medical team. The following are what is and what was:
1) Kidney: Good.....before in hospital I had to has IV to urinary tract.
2) Electrolytes: Good
3) Liver: Good....Never in 20plus years have I had close to good, usually very elevated numbers indicating fatty liver condition.
4) Lipid Studies: EXCELLENT
Total Cholesterol 151
Triglyceride 46
LDL 72
HDL 70
5) Thyroid Studies: NORMAL......not since I was 12 years old have I been Normal
6) Diabetic Tests: Blood Glucose Normal...No Evidence of Diabetes....I was Diabetic
Hemoglobin A1C: 5.9....normal
7) CBC: Normal NOT Anemic, Iron is Normal....I was so anemic I required transfusions and Iron IV's
8) Bone Density: Normal...this was tested because I lost almost an inch in height..I never expected loosing weight to have an effect on my height.

Finally My Hormones were tested...I have been infertile for 25 years the following is my Surprise Surprise exactly worded as my Doctor wrote it for me.
FSH/LH: NORMAL You are NOT officially in menopause, You can still get pregnant!!!!
HELLO!!!! I am going to be a grandmother in a month. I never expected to have to worry about pregnancy again in my life. But being a devout Christian I trust God to be in charge and this will not change my life except I feel younger.

Sorry to have gone on and on but I wanted you all to see the potential improvements you can achieve. Remember my surgeon only agreed to do my surgery because he thought I only had a couple of years left of life without major changes....He loves saying he told me this could happen.
I pray it happens for you too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog Peggy!!


Click here for my thoughts about this:

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

Yay for you Aunt Peg! Great job at your physical...and if you want to have a baby, we wouldn't mind! ;)