Right up front I am going to tell you yesterday I was an emotional basket case. Yesterday was the big day for my sister and my niece, both had Lap=band surgery at the same time. I prayed and prayed, while I waited and waited to hear everything went well. By 10:00am I could not sit still, rather than panic I busied my self around the house.
My family lives in Arizona and I live in Texas (can you say isolated).
Living so far away I had to just be patient. I am stubborn and not patient. I had so much nervous energy that I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen twice and did two 20 minute sessions on the treadmill. I desperately needed some redirection. Eating was creeping into my insecurity and that would not help anything! So back to the treadmill I went. I have a TV right in front of my treadmill to help me focus forward.
About 5 minutes into my workout a commercial started to play....My Surgeon was advertising his services. I smiled, God knew just how to keep me focused on the right way to deal with my anxiety.
Recharged with focused energy, although still nervous, I checked my email and facebook page...still no news.....HuHHHHHHH..I went and got the mail, all junk and a local ad magazine. Jaws tired from chewing gum I ventured into the kitchen to get something to eat. While the microwave was ticking away I browsed through the ad magazine from the mail. The last page of the magazine....MY SURGEON! At this point I burst out laughing and said out
loud "Okay God I know it's time for me to trust you and check in for my 1st year anniversary with Dr.Kim." Good thing I had veggies in the microwave and not cake huh?
Trust God, he is always there and always gives you what you truly need. I picked up the phone and made my 1ST Anniversary appointment with Dr.Kim's office. The next time I checked my facebook I was blessed with to see a posting by my brother=in-laws Mom, Sue, she had heard that both the girls were in recovery and doing well. I cried, as I am right now, tears of joy, tears of relief and tears of gratitude. Our God is an awesome God. I always believed this was the right thing for our genetic package and I do trust God. Still I'm human and my fears for my loved ones were based on my experience, my relief today is palpable.
I love you Terri and Kate... NOW Walk it's the only to get rid of the gas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment