One year ago today I changed my life forever. The surgery was not easy for my family to agree upon but in the end it was my decision. Even though my surgery was one Dr. Kim had preformed many times,my health was very different. Not only did I suffer comorbidities of my obesity, I also suffer from three auto immune disorders. One of those was a challenge but three I described as bags of cement I carried on my shoulders. My health had been my identity. Poor Peggy, she can't control her weight because she has so many problems. This surgery was my way of saying I'm dumping the excuses, this is my battle and I am not my illness.
Today I had my year appointment with Dr. Kim and staff. I took the opportunity to let Dr. Kim and staff know that I am a different person today. My life is beautiful and hopeful, thanks in large part to their support and preparation before the surgery. I have realistic goals and am accountable for my choices and successes. I know that without Dr.Kim's help I would not be alive today.
Never let your health define you. The surgery was on my stomach but the healing was in my relationship with reality. Real terms; I have lost a good amount of weight and gained alot of insight. Thank you God, you never left me, in you I have always felt comfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are amazing Aunt Peg! Congrats on your one year anniversary. I'm so proud of how far you've come!
Post a Comment