Sunday was our 28th wedding anniversary. David and I have been blessed with a joyously happy marriage. For our day we chose to do something different. We went to Lonestar Park to watch horse races. Most of our previous anniversary celebrations have included going out for a nice meal. Funny that component did not even come to our minds when we planned our day.
I awoke on our anniversary to the first sunny day we have had in what seems like weeks. Then I was greeted by a visitor I have not welcomed in over a year. Recently I was told I needed to be very careful as I showed to be able to get pregnant based on hormone tests. I had poopood that because I was not even having cycles anymore...Well now you can guess who that unwelcome visitor was. AND IT APPEARED ON MY ANNIVERSARY. I would have welcomed more children but since our son was born it just never happened. But now I am 50 years old and working to gain a healthy body I deserve. Pregnancy at fifty is dangerous for healthy women and even with all the pounds melting away I am not free of my autoimmune disorders. This presents me with new decisions about birth control...maybe the rhythm method is not going to cut it...lol. This was not on my top ten ways to spend our special day.
While I complained about my visitor I refused to let it spoil our day. We went to the races to enjoy our time together. The recurrence of my cycle is really a blessing as, it signified a more healthy body than before the weight loss of the last year. David pointed that out while I complained like a baby. He deals with things in a much more analytical manor than I do. Our differences has always proved a benefit to our relationship. Dave used analysis of data to pick his horses and I used the "I like his name" method balanced with the "Oh that's a pretty color horse" method. Funny but we both had wins and losses and both of us enjoyed each others company. We had a great time at the races and I was able to walk and climb the stairs which was a gift I could not have given myself a year ago.
As anniversaries go I'd say we had a really meaningful day, spent focusing on our blessings and looking forward to our future goals together. If I had to say anyone thing about the day will stick in my memory about this specific anniversary I would say "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". That visitor did not spoil our day and I realized how far I have come toward my goal of a healthy body in the last year.
I love my husband if you hadn't already guessed, I am blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment