That statement, Life is not a sprint, caps the events of my life in the recent days. My weight loss is stalled and privately I'm pissed. My loved ones tell me it's to be expected because muscle weighs more than fat...WHAT? My body is supposedly turning fat to muscle as I vamp up my exercise. That's just unfair in my book. I want to lose at a faster pace if I move at a faster pace.
Really I knew all about the weight loss pattern and I was not so surprised to stall. This is not the time to change course. Steady improvement is the order of business today. Just as a marathon runner keeps pace with is pack until the time comes to separate from the pack and push their personal limits to win. I am nowhere near the finish. My race, although a challenge to date, is far from over. I would guess the stall is my body saying "Hey your need to concentrate on the distance now and worry about speed when the finish line is in sight." So off to the treadmill I go.
Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment